Pack up the family
Get Ready for a Kid-Friendly Sedona Adventure
Sedona is one of the best kid-friendly vacation spots in Arizona. Head our way for an unforgettable trip surrounded by a red rock playground!
Sedona Real Inn & Suites is your hub for family adventures, including hiking, biking, movie theatres, and endless photo opportunities. With personal attention and comfortable accommodations that don’t break the bank, our Sedona Real family welcomes yours.
Kid-Friendly Outdoor Adventures
Go Big on your Vacation
Searching for a place with plenty of outdoor activities that will entertain the kids and make lifelong memories? Look no further than a Sedona family vacation for a chance to get up close and personal with the beautiful nature of Northern Arizona.
On your kid-friendly vacation, you can ride on the edge with mountain bike rentals for older kids, hike up Doe Mountain or Cathedral Rock for incredible views, or grab your swimsuit for a ride down Slide Rock. If your crew likes to get their adrenaline pumping, hop on a Broken Arrow Jeep Tour to traverse the rocky ridges, schedule a helicopter or plane ride in the morning to see the rolling red rocks from above, or head to Out of Africa to explore wild beasts on safari. Don’t forget your camera for a selfie with a tiger!
Take a Step Back in History
Sedona is nestled in the heart of Northern Arizona, where Native American tribes and animals dominated the desert landscape for centuries before settlers arrived.
If history and culture are your family’s cup of tea, we recommend taking a trek with the kids to some of the surrounding areas for an activity where they’ll learn and have fun at the same time:
- Visit the ancient ruins Palakti Heritage Site or Montezuma’s Castle
- Book a “Day in the West” horseback ride to see a working ranch
- Take a day trip to the Grand Canyon
Take a little down time
Fun & Relaxation for the Whole Family
Want a kid-friendly vacation that’s also rejuvenating for you? Pack your bags for Sedona, and find peace among the red rocks.
The downtown shops are a perfect place to walk around before enjoying a picnic at Red Rock Crossing or getting in touch with your spiritual side at any of Sedona’s spiritual vortexes.
For a relaxing day trip, take a drive to Jerome or West Fork Canyon for family bonding and pictures with breathtaking views in the background.
If you prefer to stay in the luxury of your hotel, Sedona Real’s fenced family park offers exceptional views and a safe space for outdoor play. Let your kids wander while you enjoy a glass of wine in the sunshine!
Our Local Favorites
Itinerary Ideas for Your Kid-Friendly VacationLooking for fun things to do with kids in Sedona, but don’t have time to plan? Sedona Real’s concierges have you covered. Whether you’re looking for a weeklong trip together or a weekend escape, we’ve got family-friendly ideas for everyone. Check out these sample itineraries for a few suggestions on things to do during your Sedona family vacation.
- Hike Boyton Canyon and Fay Canyon
- Lunch at Famous Pizza
- Visit Red Rock State Park
- Evening horseback ride and cowboy cookout
- Breakfast and morning swimming at Sedona Real
- Take a hot air balloon ride over the beautiful red rocks
- Browse Tlaquepaque’s boutiques and galleries
- Lunch at the Secret Garden Café
- Explore Tuzigoot Indian Ruins
- Lunch at the Asylum Restaurant in the Grand Hotel in Jerome
- Walk around Jerome’s shops and galleries
- Enjoy a rugged red rock Jeep tour
- Lunch at Wildflower Bread Company
- Visit Crescent Moon Ranch for views of Cathedral Rock
- Dinner at Steak House 89
- Explore Slide Rock State Park
- Lunch at the Copper Spike Café
- Ride the scenic Verde Canyon Railway
- Blazin’ M Ranch Chuckwagon Dinner Show